Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Stop getting me!"

I stayed with the boys Wednesday night while Sarah and Loren went to the Pistons game. I had a movie on my computer for Lucas as he ate (or was supposed to be) but as I was getting Anthony's dinner ready, Lucas started talking to him -- really talking to him. Mimicking his constant "Da-da" and trying to make him laugh.

It's been amazing to see that over the course of my 3 weeks here, I've watched Lucas finally step into the big brother role. He talks to him, wonders if he's OK, asks where he is. He says, "Hi, baby!" when Anthony wakes up. He'll let us know when Anthony has spit up. He constantly makes him laugh. And Anthony already is looking to Lucas for reassurance.

Upon seeing this "conversation" happening, I decided to record it. At first, Lucas just wants his movie back on, but then he starts talking to him. My screen was blacked out so they didn't know I was recording. But you can see at the end -- once they can see themselves, they both ham it up for the camera.

Just a little glimpse into the start of their brotherhood, so I thought I would share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until Anthony gets bigger and can "hold his own" with big brother. They are adorable, aren't they?