Monday, March 30, 2009

I dyed today.


I'm gearing up for a craft show on the fourth, and found myself wondering what in the world a knitter could offer people in the spring. SO, I ordered 2,000 yards of dyeable wool and have been in a sea of dye and kitchen chaos for the last week.

Dan snapped a couple of pictures of me tonight attempting to make sense of some colors. Just thought I would share. If anyone is around, or has the day free, the show is going to be pretty cool. Twenty vendors -- mostly jewelry, paper goods, photography, etc. I'll be vending with my friend Jay again , who will be the only person selling clothing. It's from noon to 7 at a new pool hall in downtown Ferndale, so it would be a good weekend for a visit! The Woodward Avenue Brewery is next door and has great food too.

Dan will be the first DJ of the day, playing tunes from noon to 2.

Anyway, here are some pictures of me dyeing. I think this combination actually turned out OK!





1 comment:

Janet A. said...

I can't even fix a simple meal without making a huge mess - not only in the kitchen but all over myself/my clothes. Come to think of it, I can't even EAT a simple meal without wearing it! I could NEVER dye yarn, or anything else, at home!!!!! :-) Good job Kirsten - I admire you!