Wednesday, August 6, 2008

JLMA reviews "Mama Mia" starring Meryl Streep

Hello everyone!

I know we usually send out movie reviews from Florida but I feel it is my duty to tell EVERYONE to go see Mama Mia, the movie - it was awesome!

Harv and I saw the play in Grand Rapids last week and absolutely loved it -- we thought that the movie couldn't really capture the "feel" of the stage production but we decided to find out. We saw the movie tonight in Lowell and we both thought that it was every bit as good as the play - plus the scenery was spectacular!

Mama Mia trailer




There is no doubt in my mind that Meryl Streep "carried" the movie, but the other main characters were wonderful. I highly recommend it to anyone who even slightly enjoys ABBA music :-)

If anyone needs a companion to attend the movie, please let me know - I could watch it over and over again! We will be gone from Monday through Thursday next week but after that I'd love to see it again with anyone who wants to go!!!!!

-- JLMA, from the critics corner

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, our webmaster is quick - I just sent this out a few minutes ago! I guess I have to be careful not to send out any emails unless I want them posted on our website :-) My "stage name" is actually JLMA not JMLA - Janet Lea Marion Ardis - people from far & wide read my reviews and I'm sure I'll be on TV or at least in the newspaper before long!

Anonymous said...

Kirsten you are good!