Friday, August 1, 2008

The Johnson-Buys clan is moving!

Daniel, Claire and I will be moving in a couple of weeks to a new home in Royal Oak, a couple of miles from where we now live in Ferndale and we're very excited about it. Dan has lived in his house in Ferndale for eight years and we all need a little room to stretch out.

The house will give us a bit more room, a wonderful little backyard, the quiet of a dead end street, the ability to walk to downtown Royal Oak in about five minutes and -- most importantly -- more counter space and cupboards for me in the kitchen. Not to mention the fact that it's got a gigantic carpeted basement that can be used in oh, so many ways.

I hope you all will be able to come visit at some point. Perhaps we need to have a proper welcome BBQ (although I do realize we're 25 minutes further away from Ionia than Sarah is, and that's a haul...)

Our address will be 601 Oakland Ave., Royal Oak, Mich., 48067 and the keys will be ours as of Aug. 15.

I hope to see you all there soon!

Kirst

P.S. Dan turns 32 today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the move! It will be so nice to have more room - especially in the kitchen :-) I hope we'll get to see it soon - we need to check out your neck of the woods! I left a comment on Dan's blog about his birthday - I like reading his family blog too. See you Sunday!