Monday, October 6, 2008

Thelma and Louise...

Toni Ann called me tonight (10/5) to report in on their trip. They arrived in New York late this afternoon. Because they are a little older and a bit slower these days, they didn't quite make it as far as they had planned.

They decided to stop early and were looking for a nearby Hampton Inn (Paula's choice of hotels). They stopped in Liverpool (NY, not England). It occurred to T.A. that she had a cousin who might live there. This is nothing short of a miracle, that she would remember that Sandy lived there, but that Janet A. was home to get T.A.'s call and found Sandy's phone number on the Internet. T.A. called Sandy, who was equally shocked that T.A. was nearby. She met Thelma and Louise for dinner, and they all had a great time.

T.A. is off to bed, so that they can hit the road running in the a.m. They don't have a GPS, as Paula "hates those things". T.A. is the map reader - wish I could be there. Mag and I have done some traveling lately, and I have to say that even with the GPS, Mapquest and hand written directions, we still managed to get off track. We have mastered the trip North, but I'm not sure we could make it cross country. I'm sure that T.A. and Paula will have great time this week.

T.A. and I have been chatting these past couple of days as Joe is spending the weekend with Tommie and Tyra. Tyra has been text msg me and calling me - I think they are ready to adopt him. They went to a family picnic today - at Tommie's brother's house. Tyra says "they all LOVE him".

Venice Beach, Calif. (from Joe's phone)

Joe has taken a job with Foot Locker at the Beverly Center in L.A. This is an 8-floor mall with stores that I've only heard of and seen through movies such as Pretty Woman.

I got online and looked it up. Joe's birthday. - I think I'll get him some gift cert - maybe at a restaurant in the mall; there are many to choose from. I've also talked with Tyra about gas cards - I guess a Visa card would work anywhere, wouldn't it?

There is a mall gift card you can get, and I believe one of their sister malls is down by Sarah. Just a few ideas.

More to come...

Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I can make it all the way to Gulf Shores, Ala. all by myself without incident (or at least any of significance) anyone can! The only "dangerous" moment was ending up in Buccatuna, Ala. When I called Sheri to give her an update on where I was she and her card playing lady friends about had a fit. High crime rate there apparently and she said to get the hell outta there unless I wanted to be shot or mugged or worse. I thought I was just getting gas and a sandwich. Hell, they didn't even sell Tuna!