Monday, December 22, 2008

Buster Balice-DePover, R.I.P.



Buster began life as a mutt called Freddy and lived at the pound with his
sisters Molly and Dolly. Paul picked him out and brought him home to our
Kelsey Hwy house and declared him to be thence called Buster.

Buster had one true love, a homely bitch called Natasha that lived in a
trailer on Riverside Drive. Buster would sneak through the woods behind
our house and sniff his way to her place whenever he had a chance.

She often came up the hill to his house trying to entice him out of his collar.
One time they "hooked up" and, in fact, she pulled the poor guy, still
"connected" right out of his collar. They had 4 pups together.

One time Paul drove down to Natasha's trailer looking for Buster and, according to
Paul, they were lying in the shade under the trailer and Buster was smoking
a cigarette!

Buster loved spaghetti and ice cream and enjoyed fishing with Paul. He had
the softest coat of any dog in the universe and was possibly the most
loving, nicest dog that ever lived.

He is truly missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mags: I laughed and cried reading this! I had forgotten about his "bitch" Natasha when you lived on Kelsey - he was quite the stud wasn't he? :-) I'm sure dad is taking care of the old "fleabag" up there and Buster is having a fantastic time! How wonderful that you could enjoy his company for 15 years!!! Pets are so good at providing the unconditional love that we all need!

Anonymous said...

I cried several times the day you talked to me about Buster. Part of my sadness was thinking about Sydney. She has been gone for 10 months but I still miss her terribly. It is truly amazing how wonderful the experience is to have unconditional love and it still is weird because I still look for her to come around the corner or be there when I open the back door. I had forgotten about Natasha as well. Thanks for the story and may all our beloved pets RIP.