Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Changing up traditions...

Well, I think the time has come to change up our traditions. When we started this years ago on Christmas Eve, most people didn’t have jobs that they had to work that late, there were a lot less people whose schedules we had to work around and there weren’t people that had to come from a distance. All of us know that when we say we are starting at a certain time that in reality “Balice time” is usually 1 ½ - 2 hours after that.

I think moving it to December 28 would be the best idea. The 28th we could have the kids gift exchanges first, let them play and then do the adult gift exchange and eat some good food without having any time constraints. This doesn’t mean that those of us in Ionia on the 24th can’t get together. It just would mean that we would move our gift exchanges to the Sunday after so everyone could be included and that we would have it at an earlier hour and on a day when hopefully no one has to work.

Therefore, I propose we have Christmas gift exchanges at my house, Sunday, December 28 at 1:00 p.m. (which would mean 2:00 Balice time). I would like to stay mostly with some hors d’oeuvres but I am also going to make some pasta, meat, garlic bread as well. I just ordered my tomatoes from the health food store so I have plenty of time to make the sauce and can it. You can let me know what you would like to contribute.

Even though it is difficult to make some of these changes, I think this will be a win-win situation for all concerned. I have hopefully included everyone on this e-mail.

No comments: