Friday, September 5, 2008

Maggie's heading north!



I will be attending this event on September 21st in Traverse City. This
guy's book moved me, big time. I would highly recommend his book, Three
Cups of Tea. If anyone would like to join me, please let me know.

-- Maggie


Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 2:00 PM

TRAVERSE CITY FUNDRAISING TEA

Firefly Restaurant

310 Cass Street

Traverse City, MI

Contact: Sally Stilwill

Email: sstilwill@gmail.com

Presentation to follow at the State Theater, 233 E. Front

Tickets Required - $50 -ticket request should be sent to Stilwill/Three Cups of Tea,

PO Box 352, Traverse City, MI 49685. Checks made out to CAI, all proceeds to

benefit Greg’s Work. Please include self addressed stamped envelope and contact info.

Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 7:00 PM (Sold Out)

TRAVERSE CITY COMMUNITY READ

City Opera House

106 East Front Street

Traverse City, MI

Contact: Ruth Bay

Email: jackbay@charter.net

Reception prior to event at 6:00 PM

Tickets $10

Monday, September 22, 2008 at 9:25 AM

TRAVERSE CITY WEST HIGH SCHOOL

5376 N Long Lake Rd

Traverse City, MI 49684

Contact: Ruth Bay

Email: jackbay@charter.net



Find out details about Greg Mortensen, his book 3 cups of tea and his appearance in Traverse City CLICK HERE.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I loved the color in the photo, so I had to poach it for the blog. This book sounds interesting -- I might have to pick it up with my Barnes and Noble gift card Ryan and Amy got me for my birthday!

I want an update for the blog after you get back!

Anonymous said...

I too loved the book and I plan to see Greg Mortenson speak in San Diego while we are out there. The book should be required reading for high school/college students - it certainly proves that one person can indeed make a HUGE difference in the world! Mags, take lots of photos and we'll share when we get back!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kirsten. You sure pay attention! Suzanne will be joinging me and we'll report on it when we return. xoxoox