Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ant-nees and Nucas

Aunt Kirsten got to spend the night with Anthony and Lucas this weekend and, oh, the fun we had. I took advantage of my new movie software and caught some of the action on film.
But first, a little trip down memory lane, courtesy of Uncle Joe.
I forgot how much Lucas looked like Anthony when he was first born.

Uncle Joe and Lucas, circa 2006


Anthony, July 12, 2008
(If his hand gesture is any indication,
I think he's already sick of me taking photos.)



Here are the two of them on camera, with a little help from Grandma Ruth


Saturday, I got to take Lucas to the fruit stand (he's very good at throwing tomatoes into a bag as if he's trying to bounce a basketball) and the "big store" Meijer, where he loved to go fast in the cart and was very encouraging when we would finally locate something we were looking for, with a big, "WE FOUND IT!!!!!"

Although I was appropriately warned on Saturday night, I still found myself unprepared when Lucas woke up at 5:30 a.m. and I was forced to start my day only four hours after I went to sleep.

He's very sweet in the morning though, and we had a project ready to go. Banana muffins! I'm kind of the "muffin lady" to him now, so I brought enough bananas to make a double batch. After a pre-dawn breakfast, we got to work.

He was so intent on overseeing every step of the process, we just sat and talked while the first batch baked. He was too engrossed and excited to see the fruits of his labor that he just sat and patiently waited, talking about the banana muffins.

Here's an excerpt from when he was helping me stir the flour. He's talking about the ingredients (I still can't decipher what he's saying about the milk), points out that he makes a mess and clearly is excited to eat banana muffins.



Here is a longer one, when we're first pouring the sugar, etc. into the bowl. You get an idea of how encouraging he was at the store when you see his excitement when I find the extra sugar in the pantry. This one's about 5 minutes and not the most exciting thing in the world, unless you're Gigi, which is why I'm posting....



I had a fun, fun weekend with my boys. I'm so glad I live so close to them now.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are two adorable boys!!!! I just LOVE listening to Lucas's cute voice - he's growing up so quickly. Can't wait to see them next week!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful clip to make me smile right before I go to bed. Really cleared the "data" out of my head after working tonight. Thanks so much Kirsten! Can't wait to see the boys and talk to Lucas!
xo - Auntie Maggie

Anonymous said...

Wow - I'm really, really proud of myself. I think I just posted my first blog. Pshew, that was exhausting! Thanks for the instructions Kirsten.

Kirsten said...

You actually posted your first "comment" but congrats! :)

I hope everyone gets in on the action!

Anonymous said...

(Compiled from e-mails Gigi sent when she should have left a comment...)

I loved the videos. What a hoot!

That one part that you couldn’t decipher was stir, Kirsten, stir milk I think.

Welcome to my world with Lucas at 5:30 a.m. I don’t mind because he is always so cheerful and excited to start his day.