Thursday, July 17, 2008

Shake your booty...


1978 brought us many wonderful things, including:



• Macramé

• Charlie’s Angels

• Fondue Pots

• Disco

• Kirsten Suzanne Buys

...and she’s turning 30!





Therefore, we’re having a 1978-themed party for her. That means you need to wear something polyester and bring a '70s type of dish to pass (food that was popular in the 70s or something modern served in a 70s dish. You know…something harvest gold with mushrooms on it).





Don’t be a stick in the mud. There is plenty of time to go to Goodwill to make this party fun.




• WHEN: Sunday, August 3
• TIME: 1:00 P.M.
• WHERE: Jeff’s house / 114 Aldon Lane, Ionia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Harv and I will begin our shopping immediately! He's going to find some really "cool" polyester plaid golf pants so that should be interesting :-) I had some AWESOME polyester 70's clothes but alas they are gone :-( I'll dig out my 1975 Sears catalog to make sure I find the right outfit (you know the famous catalog with the "guy on page 602")!!!!! I'm sure Jeff will have the catalog there so we can have some great laughs! Looking forward to a very fun day.

Kirsten said...

If anyone needs some inspiration, there's a show on CBS on Thursday nights called "Swingtown." It's got amazing 70s clothes!

I think it's a great idea and thank you cousin Jeff for thinking of throwing me a party!

Daniel said...

I've always wanted to unbotton my shirt down to my navel and wear a medallion nestled in my chest hair. And now I can!