Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kudos to Kirsten

Here’s to Roy for giving me this outlet to write. I never have intentions of writing as much as I end up writing.

I have a list of about a dozen more memories to share that continues to grow. I hope you enjoy my perspective and I am confident that the grand kids can relate in their own ways. As some of you are experiencing now, a child-grandparent relationship is unique. You will be surprised how much these little ones will remember. As I watch how wonderfully Joe cares for and loves Lucas, it reminds me of my own aunts and uncle and all that they contributed to our childhoods.

I think you will all be surprised by what we DO remember. I will never forget Sarah and Kirsten telling me about how my mom demonstrated for them how she could steer the car with her feet while they looked on as passengers. Just one example of a KK experience I never had that I enjoy hearing about. Jeff’s steel-trap memory (a Pauline phrase) and knack for telling a story may need to be recorded for the “audio” portion of this blog.

Beware as we put these “pieces” together in today’s technological age. We are archiving for future generations and revisionist history may suit us well.

I want to keep hearing more from my aunts and uncle.

Thank you,
Nick

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Thanks, Nicholas Daniel! I'm having so much fun doing this. I think my favorite part so far has been reliving grandma and grandpa through everyone else's accounts.

I hope everyone will keep us posted on what their individual families are up to this summer.

As someone who has yet to meet him -- come on Gregory's! Let's see Jude!